Building a new home or having a renovation is an exciting time when you can incorporate all your ideas on design, living areas, construction techniques, textures, materials and colours. However, dreams do depend on a budget.
There is a lot of jargon in the building industry and we hope that our tips will help you to have a better builder/client relationship and a successful building project.
There has been a real revolution in the styles and fabrics of homes available in South Australia. The past five years have seen the advent of SIP (Structural Insulation Panels), pre-cast tilt up slab designs, and rendered AAC/Foam designs.
It is fair to say that the majority of homes being built in SA are larger homes on smaller blocks of land, and we are seeing an increase in two-storey high density living. There are a wide range of methods of building.
There is so much documentation when you are building from Plans, Specifications, Finishes, Footings, Contracts and Insurance. We have produce a guide to help you understand.
10 Tips for Selecting a Builder
Get expert and timely advice on a broad range of IR and Workplace Relations matters. Advice on the following is included in your membership and at no additional cost:
- The Modern Award (No Charge)
- Fair Work Act compliance (No Charge)
- Advice on COVID-19 specific provisions and JobKeeper (No Charge)
- Employee management and termination of employment (No Charge)
- Redundancies and union issues (No Charge)
We can also provide the following services:
- Advice on and preparation enterprise agreements (Discounted)
- Tailored employment contracts (Discounted)
- On-site training on bullying and harassment (Discounted)
- On-site training on employee management and termination (Discounted)
- On-site training on other tailored workplace issues (Discounted)
Find a Builder
If you are looking to build or renovate make sure you use a Master Builder.